Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Passion

I'm sure most people enjoy watching films and so on. For me, the thing that I enjoy the most is watching animation, be it cartoon, animes or in movie form. Even though I'm a young adult now, I would still enjoy watching cartoons with my baby nephews.

One of the many directors that I admire the most is one of Japan's greatest animator and manga artist, Hayao Miyazaki.

Miya-san at the 65th Venice Film Festival
My interest in his works began when I first watched My Neighbor Totoro (Tonari no Totoro) when I was six with my elder sisters. I was fascinated by the characters in the film and of course by the cute and fluffy wood spirit, Totoro. Everything seems possible in the eye of Hayao Miyazaki. Till this day, I am still fascinated and always blown away by his works.


So I have decided to dedicate this blog to Studio Ghibli where the great director had released most of his works.

I'm not going to make movies that tell children, "You should despair and run away".
- Hayao Miyazaki       

0 comments:

Post a Comment